Did you know that 35% of employed Americans have been offered full-time remote work in 2022? While remote and hybrid work come with many benefits, there are also specific challenges associated with this type of work.
Without live supervision and monitoring, remote work requires written procedures and clear processes that everyone can follow, especially new hires. That's where good process documentation software steps up.
Some companies have been using Tango to streamline their business operations, but many users complain that this software has a bit outdated, clunky interface and that it lacks team collaboration features.
That's why we've created this comprehensive guide to help you pick the right Tango alternative for your organization.
MagicHow is an easy-to-use AI-powered documentation tool with an intuitive interface. You can use it both in a browser or a desktop version.
Using advanced automation technology, MagicHow creates all types of guiding documentation, from SOPs to tutorials. It also makes screenshots of your workflows and splits them into logical, step-by-step tasks that are easy to follow.
Many industries thrive by using this tool, such as:
MagicHow also integrates with apps such as Notion, Zendesk and Confluence with the help of MagicCopy Future, which allows quick export of step-by-step guides into markdown or HTML and use in any application.
Here are the features that make our app stand out:
- Process recording: You can leave manual guide creation in the past! By pressing the Record button, you can capture workflows from start to finish. The tool then separates the entire process into step-by-step visual guides.
- Automation technology: By analyzing workflows, automated formatting creates process descriptions and exhaustive comprehensive guides.
- Data Security: Our platform provides safety by blurring all customer and employee-related information on screenshots with just one click.
- Customization: MagicHow gives you plenty of flexibility to create personalized guides. You can add titles, descriptions, logos, and similar.
- Starter plan: free for up to 25 users
- Advanced plan: $4.50 per user per month (blurring sensitive data, branded guides, customizable screenshots)
- Business plan: $11.70 per user per month (unlimited projects, workflows and users)
Check out our guides on:
As one of Tango’s alternatives, Scribe could be a great documentation app for small and mid-size businesses. Its drag-and-drop interface is easy to use and suitable for non-tech-savvy people.
Businesses that could benefit from it are:
- Customer support
This alternative integrates with apps like Notion, SharePoint and Confluence.
Here are its core features:
- Automation technology: Scribe can automatically generate how-to guides by detecting your computer or mobile browser activity.
- Easy share: There are multiple options for sharing, such as email, exporting to PDF and embedding in your wiki or LMS.
- Data security: This tool automatically removes any sensitive and private information from screenshots.
As a downside, this alternative to Tango offers customization and blurring only if you subscribe to the Pro plan. If you want something more affordable, check out Scribe alternatives.
- Basic plan: free
- Pro plan: $23 per seat per month, or $12 per seat per month for teams with five seats minimum
- Enterprise plan: custom price available upon request
One of the first AI-powered documentation software on the market, this tool is great for team collaboration and task management. It creates project lists where each team member can see their responsibilities and deadlines.
Several industries can benefit from this Tango alternative, such as:
- Property Management
Process Street integrates with project management tools, such as Trello and Asana.
Here are its main features:
- Conditional logic: You can simplify complex workflows by using if-this-then-that logic – a feature unique to this software.
- Scheduling: You can schedule instructions to run automatically. By scheduling employee onboarding to happen on a specific date, you can prevent a lack of dedicated time from hindering the success of employee training.
- Task management: This platform also serves as a task-assigning tool, where each user and each group are assigned appropriate tasks.
On the con side, it might be a bit pricey, so if you are a small business, the best thing would be to check out these ProcessStreet alternatives.
- Free plan
- Startup plan: $100 per month (up to five users)
- Pro plan: $415 per month (branding)
- Enterprise plan: $1,660 per month (custom integrations)
Trainual is a tool that helps you create training manuals for employees and customers. In an era where less than one-third of employees believe their managers are personalizing their development strategy to fit their actual needs, a tool like this is a must-have.
Businesses using this alternative to Tango are:
- Marketing and Advertising
Trainual has many integrations, such as Asana and Slack.
The main features Trainual offers are:
- Onboarding: You can create detailed onboarding workflows to train the new staff and track their progress.
- Training and eLearning: Customers and partners can get training courses outside the organization. Trainual also provides tools that create training materials for instructor and self-led courses.
- Customization: This tool provides more flexibility than others because it allows administrators to personalize training sessions and create a unique workflow for each employee by adding custom fields and different views.
On the con side, the learning curve is a bit steeper if you use different terms for content than their default terms.
- Free plan
- Small Business plan: $250 per month (1-50 users)
- Growth Business plan: $600 per month (51-250 users)
- Unlimited: custom price available upon request, unlimited number of users
Document360 is a knowledge-based platform suitable for creating different types of content. With this tool, you can create how-to guides, tutorials, SOPs and API documentation.
It's often used in the following industries:
This app uses many integrations, such as Slack, Freshdesk and ZendeskSuite.
Here are some features that make it stand out from other Tango alternatives:
- Localization: You can create a multilingual knowledge base, which can be helpful if you're an international business or have clients from different backgrounds.
- Editor: This tool comes with features that focus on content creation. You can embed images and videos, add tables and lists and many more details.
- Analytics: Detailed insights help you understand how the end users engage with your knowledge base in real time, so that you can answer their needs even better.
According to multiple users, one of the downsides of Document360 is a complicated integration with Zendesk and some other tools.
- Free version
- Standard plan: $149 per project per month
- Professional plan: $299 per project per month
- Business plan: $399 per project per month
- Enterprise plan: $599 per project per month
Tango alternative options & competitors: Comparison table
Tango alternative options & competitors: selection criteria
Choosing the right tool will depend on many factors, such as your organization's type and complexity of processes. However, finding the balance between the right features, useful integrations and pricing points is essential.
Here are the key features to look for to perform process documentation effectively and securely while saving time.
- Advanced automation
- Process recording
- Sensitive data redaction
- Ease of sharing
- Data security
Make sure that the tool you choose integrates with the tools you're already using, from communication and collaboration apps to industry-specific tools, which may differ from one industry to another.
Most tools come with different pricing plans, depending on your desired features. Some of them have fixed prices, while others charge per user. We've tried including both free and paid versions so you can test the apps before purchasing them.
You can't go wrong with any solution from our list, but choosing the right one will depend on your priorities. The first step is determining your needs and what kind of documentation you usually create.
Some apps, like Trainual, specialize in educational and training materials, while others, like Process Street, are great for onboarding.
However, if you need a tool that can create all kinds of process documentation with only a few clicks, MagicHow may be the right solution for you. Our tool allows you to effortlessly create high-quality documentation with only a few clicks, covering the whole process from the beginning to the end.
We have specialized workflows designed for industries like HR, IT, sales and customer support. The results you get are fully customizable, privacy-friendly and easily sharable.
Try it out today and watch how our process documentation software saves you valuable time.